About Eastern Taranaki Experience
Your guides & hosts with nearly 40 years tramping experience between them, we understand your needs; we are trampers looking after trampers
- Eastern Taranaki Experience has been operating since September 2001.
- Stratford Heritage Lodge then opened in October 2008.
- Digs Cottage purchased early 2012 (sold in 2015).
- Digs Unit purchased 2013.
- Forgotten World Highway and Whanganui River trips 2006
- Operating these businesses together, we offer package deals of accommodation, transport, transfers and both tramping and cycling tours.
Your guides & hosts
Trampers looking after trampers – we understand your needs
Dave and Carol Digby have over 40years tramping experience between them. We have been operating in the Central Taranaki and Forgotten World Highway area for 15 years and our knowledge of this area is extensive. Dave was Stratford Tramping Club’s president for 13 years and is the current Club Captain. He is also chairman of South Taranaki Forest and Bird. Carol is also on both committees. Additionally, Dave has been appointed to Taranaki / Whanganui Conservation Board three time and is Mountain Safety Outdoor Leader. All of which offer fantastic backup and support. We can offer package deals of accommodation, transport, transfers and both tramping and cycling tours for Egmont National Park, Whanganui National Park and Forgotten World Highway.
Refer to our tour link and pages in drop down box for everything on offer – design your own trip if you have a minimum of 6 people