Central and Eastern Taranaki Cycle Tours
Also see www.cycletaranaki.co.nz
Central Taranaki – Freedom Bike Hire – do your own thing
Enjoy the freedom, hire a bike and head off from Stratford Heritage Lodge. We are located close to a bush walkway, which is a great beginning to explore our town. Map and suggest route offered free of charge.
- Cost $25.00 per bike for half day – $40.00 full day
- We also offer a guided cycle tour of our town, pointing out features and history of Stratford – 14kms and approx. 2-3 hours. $60.00 per person, includes coffee and cake stop at a local café.
- New website www.cycletaranaki.co.nz – more details
Our bike rack/trailer can transport up to 10 bikes – it is available for hire by itself or us to transport bikes for you
DAWSON FALLS TO STRATFORD
PLATEAU TO STRATFORD
EGMONT NATIONAL PARK EXPERIENCE
- Walk only 2 people $50.00pp, 3+ $40.00pp
- Transport own bikes to Dawson Falls add $10.00pp to above price or $25.00pp bike hire
- Picnic lunch at Dawson Falls add $15.00pp
CYCLE TO WHANGAMOMONA
- Pick up transport of bikes and people, min 2 $100.00pp,
- 5+ people $70.00pp
- Add $40.00pp bike hire
- Packed lunch add $15.00pp
FORGOTTEN WORLD HIGHWAY
- Transport bikes and people to one end, safe storage of your car as you return on the bikes
- Car transfer – have your vehicle waiting for you at the other end
- Luggage/food drop off at any point you require
- Design your own trip and ask us how we can help
FORGOTTEN WORLD HIGHWAY CYCLING EXPERIENCE
This package deal is ideal for people who are capable of biking 90kms over two days (all on tar-sealed roads) and also enjoy catered meals and full support of fully licensed operators you have been in business, in this area, for over 15 years.
It does not include bike hire as you are more than welcome to bring your own however bikes are available to hire at an extra cost. There is a maximum of 10 on any trip.
Day One – arrive in Stratford at your own leisure for a night’s stay in Stratford Heritage Lodge. We have designed a 14km ride around our town and you can take the map for a warm up ride (complimentary).
Deal includes dinner tonight in the lodge
Day Two – Your ride begins around 9am after your continental breakfast. Today’s ride is 42kms – the first 32kms is on the Forgotten World Highway, then at Strathmore you turn right and bike 10kms to your farmstay accommodation to enjoy amazing genuine country hospitality. You will go through the 160m Makahu Tunnel on this section of the ride. The farmstay hosts have farmed in this area for 40+ years and you will discover people like them are the back bone of this country.
Included in your deal are morning tea and lunch stops along the way, with Dinner Bed Breakfast deal at the farmstay. Your overnight gear is transferred to the farmstay and with a vehicle in support of your ride very little gear needs to be taken or carried on the bike.
Day Three – You will be reluctant to leave the peaceful Makahu Valley but it is back on the bikes to retrace the 10kms back to the Forgotten World Highway as you head to Whangamomona for a well-deserved drink at the historic Whangamomona Hotel before your return transport to Stratford. Total of 45kms biking today.
Price $380.00 per person for: (minimum 4 – maximum 10) – please note the price is based on a minimum of 4 people completing the tour
- 2 nights’ accommodation (full linen, twin – double share) – 2 single rooms available each trip (first in basis)
- All meals from dinner day one to lunch day three.
- All transport of people and luggage as required and described
Set dates: Set your own with a minimum of 4
Add on extras to enhance your trip:
- $40.00 to have your vehicle transferred to Whangamomona – this means you can drive the rest of the highway as you head to Taumarunui, without having to come back to Stratford OR stay the night at the hotel – you will need to do your own bookings with the hotel. 06 7625823 or email@example.com
- $40.00 per person for a downhill ride from a mountain road end. We transport you and the bike to your choice of either Plateau or Dawson Falls road end and you cycle back to Stratford at your own leisure. This can easily be completed on arrival day if you are in Stratford by midday.
- See everything else we offer throughout the website
All tours begin Stratford Heritage Lodge. Only take day supplies – flexible to suit your needs i.e. cycle bigger or shorter distances each day
Rotokare Scenic Reserve is 230 hectare bush reserve with a lake in the middle. Located 22kms from Stratford it is protected with a predator proof fence. The walk around the lake is 4.5kms and easy grade. People and bikes transported to the reserve and you bike back. The walk is your choice.
- BYO bikes – Transport only 2 people $30.00pp, 3+ $20.00pp – Add $25.00pp bike hire
- Let us enhance your experience with a guided walk around the lake – even though this can be completed independent we will show you ‘extras’ and inform about the history of this unique place and hopefully answer any questions $10.00pp (as a donation to the trust)
WE HAVE OTHER TOURS PLEASE CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFOMATION